Politics and Issues
Sierra Club 2008 ballot endorsements
Measure Z - NO See article.
Prop 1 - YES
• Prop 1A would provide $9.95 billion dollars to catalyze the development of the 800 mile High-Speed Rail (HSR) system, and to make improvements to existing rail networks. See article.
Prop 2 - YES
• Prop 2 would reduce the density of farm animals, and therefore the intensity of the air and water pollution. See article.
Prop 4 - NO
• Would require women under 18 to wait 48 hours before obtaining an abortion, and would require notification of parents or grandparents or permission from the court before proceeding. See article.
Prop 7 - NO
• Contains serious, inherent flaws that could get in the way of achieving its goal of 50% renewable fuels by 2025.
• Actually works against Sierra Club-backed energy policies that would allow communities to choose the source of their energy.
• Decreases environmental review of proposed power plants.
Prop 10 - NO
• Would put California on the wrong road to cleaner vehicles by setting up faulty programs. See article.
For more information, please visit No on Proposition 10 website.